Three injured as stage collapses during Modi rally
Ballia: Three persons were today injured when a stage set up for folk singers during Narendra Modi`s rally collapsed in Sikandarpur.
The BJP prime ministerial candidate was addressing a public meeting in favour of party candidate from Salempur constituency, Ravedra Kushwaha. When Modi reached the dias, a large number of crowd rose to the nearby stage set up for folk singers, leading to its collapse.
Three persons - Kamlesh (18), Lakshmi (13) and Ashutosh (20) - were injured in the incident and rushed to a local hosptial, where condition of Laksmi is stated to be serious.
Superintended of Police KC Goswami said organisers would be served notice for not preparing the stage as per norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional