Three senior BJP leaders to meet Narendra Modi on Wednesday
Ahmedabad: Senior BJP leaders Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley and Nitin Gadkari are arriving here on Wednesday to meet the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar to discuss the situation that will arise out of the declaration of Lok Sabha poll results on May 16.
"Three leaders Rajnathji, Jaitleyji and Gadkariji will come to Ahmedabad tomorrow and meet Mr Modi in Gandhinagar," state BJP spokesperson Harsad Patel told PTI.
He said Rajnath Singh, the party chief, and the other two leaders will discuss with Modi election-related issues as well as the situation that will arise out of declaration of poll results on May 16.
In the run up to their meeting with Modi tomorrow, Rajnath Singh and his predecessor as BJP President Gadkari had a long meeting at Singh`s residence in Delhi discussing the party`s future strategy. They also held confabulations with senior RSS leaders, sources said in Delhi.
Gadkari had a meeting with Modi in Gandhinagar yesterday.
As part of the flurry of high-level meetings, Gadkari met party veteran L K Advani today in Delhi and discussed with him the unfolding situation and the post-poll scenario.
"As BJP is the obvious front-runner to form the government, party leaders are meeting to strategise over likely scenarios which are expected to be thrown up on May 16 when the counting of votes take place," a party source said.
Sources said top party leaders have been meeting each other for the last couple of days.
Rajnath Singh has met Sushma Swaraj while Modi held meetings with a number of leaders, including Singh, besides the Sangh leadership and Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Earlier, Modi and Rajnath Singh had separately met top RSS leaders.
There is speculation in party circles over the future role of Rajnath Singh--whether he will remain BJP chief or join the government if NDA forms the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Munich shooting had `obvious link` to Breivik: Police
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- After Gujarat, two Bihar Dalit youths thrashed, urinated upon: Watch shocking video
- Another beef-related assault reported, four of a Dalit family attacked in Karnataka
- INS Viraat embarks on farewell voyage to Kochi