Time has come to oust `useless & corrupt` UPA govt: Modi
Ratlam (MP): Taking on Congress, BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Wednesday said time has come to replace a "useless and corrupt" government at the Centre with a strong one.
At a "Bharat Vijay" rally here, he said during its 10-year rule, the UPA Government had done nothing for the common man and only indulged in rampant corruption.
Time has come to throw out a "useless and corrupt" government at the Centre and replace it with one that was strong, Modi said as he pitched for change in favour of a decisive leadership, a key poll plank of the saffron outfit.
Wooing young voters, expected to play an important role in the Lok Sabha election outcome, the BJP stalwart accused the Manmohan Singh government with neglecting people in the 18-28 age group in a big way.
This age group is always very important for a country but the UPA had done nothing for them, the Gujarat Chief Minister maintained.
BJP had come to power for three terms in succession in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh only because the party worked assiduously for the welfare of people, he said.
Modi showered praise on Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for doing a lot to improve the life of people in the BJP-ruled State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation