TMC asks EC not to allow live telecast of election speeches
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Wednesday wrote to the Election Commission urging it to restrain TV channels from live telecast of election speeches in states where polling was being held.
BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was scheduled to address two rallies at Krishnagar and Barasat in West Bengal during polling hours in the fourth phase of Lok Sabha elections in the state today.
Polling for the two seats would be held on May 12.
Similarly, Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee was also scheduled to address two rallies at Namkhana and Metiabruz during the time of the polling.
TMC spokesman Derek O`Brien said that EC acknowledged the receipt of the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray