TMC asks EC not to allow live telecast of election speeches
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Wednesday wrote to the Election Commission urging it to restrain TV channels from live telecast of election speeches in states where polling was being held.
BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was scheduled to address two rallies at Krishnagar and Barasat in West Bengal during polling hours in the fourth phase of Lok Sabha elections in the state today.
Polling for the two seats would be held on May 12.
Similarly, Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee was also scheduled to address two rallies at Namkhana and Metiabruz during the time of the polling.
TMC spokesman Derek O`Brien said that EC acknowledged the receipt of the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam