TMC MLA asks workers to prevent people from voting for others
Suri (WB): Trinamool Congress MLA from Labhpur in Birbhum district Manirul Islam today called upon party workers to prevent people from voting for other parties.
"Don`t worry. You will not allow a single person on polling date to vote for other parties," Islam said at a publice meeting at Sainthia.
"Don`t allow one person on that day to vote for CPI(M), Congress or BJP," Islam said.
"I hope you will make this promise and shoulder responsibility to fulfill the same," he added.
The remark follows a recent controversial comment by party leader Anubrata Mondal about the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam