TMC MLA asks workers to prevent people from voting for others
Suri (WB): Trinamool Congress MLA from Labhpur in Birbhum district Manirul Islam today called upon party workers to prevent people from voting for other parties.
"Don`t worry. You will not allow a single person on polling date to vote for other parties," Islam said at a publice meeting at Sainthia.
"Don`t allow one person on that day to vote for CPI(M), Congress or BJP," Islam said.
"I hope you will make this promise and shoulder responsibility to fulfill the same," he added.
The remark follows a recent controversial comment by party leader Anubrata Mondal about the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says