TMC MLA asks workers to prevent people from voting for others
Suri (WB): Trinamool Congress MLA from Labhpur in Birbhum district Manirul Islam today called upon party workers to prevent people from voting for other parties.
"Don`t worry. You will not allow a single person on polling date to vote for other parties," Islam said at a publice meeting at Sainthia.
"Don`t allow one person on that day to vote for CPI(M), Congress or BJP," Islam said.
"I hope you will make this promise and shoulder responsibility to fulfill the same," he added.
The remark follows a recent controversial comment by party leader Anubrata Mondal about the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse