TMC MLA asks workers to prevent people from voting for others
Suri (WB): Trinamool Congress MLA from Labhpur in Birbhum district Manirul Islam today called upon party workers to prevent people from voting for other parties.
"Don`t worry. You will not allow a single person on polling date to vote for other parties," Islam said at a publice meeting at Sainthia.
"Don`t allow one person on that day to vote for CPI(M), Congress or BJP," Islam said.
"I hope you will make this promise and shoulder responsibility to fulfill the same," he added.
The remark follows a recent controversial comment by party leader Anubrata Mondal about the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today