TMC MLA asks workers to prevent people from voting for others
Suri (WB): Trinamool Congress MLA from Labhpur in Birbhum district Manirul Islam today called upon party workers to prevent people from voting for other parties.
"Don`t worry. You will not allow a single person on polling date to vote for other parties," Islam said at a publice meeting at Sainthia.
"Don`t allow one person on that day to vote for CPI(M), Congress or BJP," Islam said.
"I hope you will make this promise and shoulder responsibility to fulfill the same," he added.
The remark follows a recent controversial comment by party leader Anubrata Mondal about the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II