TN BJP`s chief declares Rs 3.99 crore assets
Chennai: BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit president, Pon Radhakrishnan, who is contesting the April 24 Lok Sabha polls from the Kanyakumari constituency, has declared assets of Rs 3.99 crore.
Radhakrishnan, popularly known as "Ponnar" among political workers, has assets both movable and immovable properties valued at Rs 3,99,70,263, as per the affidavit filed by him with the State Election Commission.
The total assets include properties acquired by Radhakrishnan (Rs 27.22 lakh) and inherited (from parents- Rs 3,72,48,263).
An alumnus of Madras Law College, Radhakrishnan hailing from Nagercoil currently has cash in hand of Rs 2,47,430.
For 2013-14, he has shown an income of Rs 3,22,070 (received through pension, rent and bank interests) besides income from agricultural land of Rs five lakh, it said.
Radhakrishnan holds immovable assets including agricultural land, non-agricultural properties and commercial buildings. However, he does not have any outstanding dues or liabilities, no automobile or gold jewellery, the affidavit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL