TN final poll percentage is 73.67
Chennai,: The State Election Commission today put the final polling percentage for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu, during which 5.5 crore electorate cast their votes in 39 constituencies, at 73.67 percent.
The figure is marginally higher by 0.69 percent than 72.98 per cent registered in 2009 polls, the Tamil Nadu Election Commission said here on Saturday.
Dharmapuri constituency registered the highest vote percentage of 81.07 while Chennai South registered the lowest at 60.4 per cent, the Commission said.
Dharmapuri also registered the highest turnout of male voters at 81.58 per cent while Chidambaram (SC) constituency witnessed the highest percentage of women voters at 81.91.
The total percentage of "others" (transgenders) who cast their votes was 12.72 and Perambalur recorded the highest turnout of transgenders who voted at 69.23 per cent.
On April 24, the Commission had put the turnout at 73 per cent at the end of polling in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt exploring ways to bring petro products under GST: Pradhan
- Bajaj V sales cross 1-lakh mark within 4 months of launch
- BJP leader Ram Sevak Nishad killed in accident
- Call drops: Telcos commit Rs 20,000 crore for towers, seek new spectrum
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..