Trinamool Congress moves EC against Buddhadeb
Kolkata: The ruling Trinamool Congress today moved the Election Commission demanding action against CPI(M) leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee for attacking Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in an election speech on April 13.
In a letter to the EC, TMC leader Baishanar Chattopadhyay demanded immediate steps against the veteran Marxist leader for violating the model code of conduct while submitting a video footage of the speech at a rally at Naihati in North 24-Parganas district while campaigning for party candidate from Barrakpore Suhashini Ali.
The OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said, "We have received the complaint and forwarded it immediately to the ECI."
Accusing the TMC of foisting a total anarchy in West Bengal, Bhattacharjee in his speech slammed Mamata Banerjee`s attempt to shield party leader Anubrata Mandal with whom she shared dais at an election rally.
"Had I been the chief minister, such leaders would have been sent to prison on that very evening," Bhattacharjee had said without taking the name of Anubrata Mandal who had asked TMC workers to attack policemen.
Bhattacharjee said, "She does not know what she has to do. With her inept handling of state administration, people have turned worst sufferers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?