Trinamool workers burn effigy of Vinod Zutshi
Kolkata: Angry Trinamool Congress workers on Wednesday burnt an effigy of Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi near the relocated state secretariat `Nabanna` in Howrah.
At least 12 TMC workers were involved in the act, Howrah Police Commissionerate sources said, adding there was, however, no arrest.
TMC chief Mamata Banerjee had yesterday sought removal of Zutshi from the Election Commission on the ground that he was working for the Congress and the BJP and accused him of playing a dirty political game.
She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say