Trinamool workers burn effigy of Vinod Zutshi
Kolkata: Angry Trinamool Congress workers on Wednesday burnt an effigy of Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi near the relocated state secretariat `Nabanna` in Howrah.
At least 12 TMC workers were involved in the act, Howrah Police Commissionerate sources said, adding there was, however, no arrest.
TMC chief Mamata Banerjee had yesterday sought removal of Zutshi from the Election Commission on the ground that he was working for the Congress and the BJP and accused him of playing a dirty political game.
She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader