Trinamool workers burn effigy of Vinod Zutshi
Kolkata: Angry Trinamool Congress workers on Wednesday burnt an effigy of Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi near the relocated state secretariat `Nabanna` in Howrah.
At least 12 TMC workers were involved in the act, Howrah Police Commissionerate sources said, adding there was, however, no arrest.
TMC chief Mamata Banerjee had yesterday sought removal of Zutshi from the Election Commission on the ground that he was working for the Congress and the BJP and accused him of playing a dirty political game.
She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town