Trinamool workers burn effigy of Vinod Zutshi
Kolkata: Angry Trinamool Congress workers on Wednesday burnt an effigy of Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi near the relocated state secretariat `Nabanna` in Howrah.
At least 12 TMC workers were involved in the act, Howrah Police Commissionerate sources said, adding there was, however, no arrest.
TMC chief Mamata Banerjee had yesterday sought removal of Zutshi from the Election Commission on the ground that he was working for the Congress and the BJP and accused him of playing a dirty political game.
She also alleged that Zutshi was misleading the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India