TRS` newly-elected MLAs to meet tomorrow: K Chandrasekhar Rao
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao today thanked Telangana people for reposing faith in his outfit and said the party`s newly-elected MLAs would meet tomorrow to elect their leader.
"What role I am going to play, tomorrow that decision will be taken. Once my role is fixed, then there will be a decision of resigning as MLA or resigning as MP, whatever it is. It is too early," Rao, who won both as an MLA and MP in the polls, told reporters here.
KCR, as he is popularly known, won as MLA from Gajwel in Medak and also as MP from Medak in the elections the results of which were announced today.
The party has won 60 Assembly seats at the last count, the magic figure in 119-member prospective Telangana Legislative Assembly, and is leading in about 12 Lok Sabha seats out of the total 17 in the region.
Rao said he would seek the cooperation of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for development of Telangana, which will become a new state on June 2.
Replying to a query, he said decisions taken in the context of Andhra Pradesh would be reviewed by the Telangana government in the interest of the region.
He also congratulated TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who is set to be the Chief Minister of (new) Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming