TRS president meets AP Governor
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, who is set to be the first Chief Minister of Telangana, met Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan here on Sunday.
Chandrasekhar Rao, who was yesterday elected leader of TRS legislature party, met the Governor accompanied by party MLAs, MPs and other leaders.
"We conveyed our yesterday`s decision (electing Chandrasekhar Rao as TRSLP leader) to the Governor. We met him as a formality," TRS MLA E Rajender told reporters.
TRS secured majority by winning 63 of the 119 MLA seats in Telangana, which would come into existence as the 29th state of the country on June 2.
Narasimhan is set to continue as the Governor of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh states
post bifurcation of the undivided AP.
The TRS president won both as an MLA and MP in the recent elections.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on