TRS president meets AP Governor
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, who is set to be the first Chief Minister of Telangana, met Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan here on Sunday.
Chandrasekhar Rao, who was yesterday elected leader of TRS legislature party, met the Governor accompanied by party MLAs, MPs and other leaders.
"We conveyed our yesterday`s decision (electing Chandrasekhar Rao as TRSLP leader) to the Governor. We met him as a formality," TRS MLA E Rajender told reporters.
TRS secured majority by winning 63 of the 119 MLA seats in Telangana, which would come into existence as the 29th state of the country on June 2.
Narasimhan is set to continue as the Governor of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh states
post bifurcation of the undivided AP.
The TRS president won both as an MLA and MP in the recent elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference