TRS president meets AP Governor
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, who is set to be the first Chief Minister of Telangana, met Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan here on Sunday.
Chandrasekhar Rao, who was yesterday elected leader of TRS legislature party, met the Governor accompanied by party MLAs, MPs and other leaders.
"We conveyed our yesterday`s decision (electing Chandrasekhar Rao as TRSLP leader) to the Governor. We met him as a formality," TRS MLA E Rajender told reporters.
TRS secured majority by winning 63 of the 119 MLA seats in Telangana, which would come into existence as the 29th state of the country on June 2.
Narasimhan is set to continue as the Governor of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh states
post bifurcation of the undivided AP.
The TRS president won both as an MLA and MP in the recent elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport