TRS president meets AP Governor
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, who is set to be the first Chief Minister of Telangana, met Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan here on Sunday.
Chandrasekhar Rao, who was yesterday elected leader of TRS legislature party, met the Governor accompanied by party MLAs, MPs and other leaders.
"We conveyed our yesterday`s decision (electing Chandrasekhar Rao as TRSLP leader) to the Governor. We met him as a formality," TRS MLA E Rajender told reporters.
TRS secured majority by winning 63 of the 119 MLA seats in Telangana, which would come into existence as the 29th state of the country on June 2.
Narasimhan is set to continue as the Governor of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh states
post bifurcation of the undivided AP.
The TRS president won both as an MLA and MP in the recent elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan