Two cases filed against Priyanka Gandhi for `neech rajniti`comments
Patna: Two Bihar BJP leaders on Wednesday filed separate cases against Priyanka Gandhi for her `neech rajniti` (low-level politics) remarks against Narendra Modi.
State BJP general secretary Surajnandan Mehta filed a case in the court of Patna Chief Judicial Magistrate Rama Kant Yadav alleging that her remarks would promote enmity between groups and lead to breach of peace.
Court sources said that the matter was expected to come up for hearing tomorrow.
The case was filed under sections 153(A) (promoting enmity between different groups), 153(B) (imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration), 171 (G) (false statement in connection with an election), 500 (defamation) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of IPC.
BJP has alleged that Priyanka had insulted Modi as he belonged to a backward caste, a charge denied by Congress which said she was only referring to his `low-level` politics.
Another case was filed against Priyanka in a Darbhanga court.
Head of state BJP Fishermen community cell Arjun Sahni filed the case in the court of Darbhanga Chief Judicial Magistrate Shailendra Pandey against Priyanka levelling similar charges.
This case also expected to come up for hearing tomorrow.
Another complaint was filed by BJP at Gunnaur village in Musafirkhana area where it alleged that some youths carrying over Rs one lakh were distributing the money among the voters.
"Two boys have been detained. We have not recovered any cash from them but questioning is going on," Superintendent of Police Hira Lal said.
The detention of the two youths resulted in tense moments at the polling booths and police had to resort to light lathi charge to disperse the crowd.
In the lathi charge, a BJP polling agent, Hari Shankar Singh, was injured, police sources said.
AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas has also alleged that "Congress has lost its ground in Amethi and its gunda type elements are beating the AAP activists and trying to derail smooth polling, and the arrival of Rahul on polling day has proved his defeat by a large margin."
Polling is going on at 1246 booths at this prestigious constituency which is seeing a contest between Congress vice president Gandhi, TV actress-turned-politician Irani who is contesting on BJP ticket and Aam Admi Party`s Kumar Vishwas.
Meanwhile, in the nearby Sultanpur constituency, from where Rahul`s cousin Varun Gandhi is contesting on BJP ticket, some party workers alleged that police were interfering in their work.
"I just told them to do their work and let the workers do their work. There was nothing else," Varun Gandhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional