Two cases filed against Priyanka Gandhi for `neech rajniti`comments
Patna: Two Bihar BJP leaders on Wednesday filed separate cases against Priyanka Gandhi for her `neech rajniti` (low-level politics) remarks against Narendra Modi.
State BJP general secretary Surajnandan Mehta filed a case in the court of Patna Chief Judicial Magistrate Rama Kant Yadav alleging that her remarks would promote enmity between groups and lead to breach of peace.
Court sources said that the matter was expected to come up for hearing tomorrow.
The case was filed under sections 153(A) (promoting enmity between different groups), 153(B) (imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration), 171 (G) (false statement in connection with an election), 500 (defamation) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of IPC.
BJP has alleged that Priyanka had insulted Modi as he belonged to a backward caste, a charge denied by Congress which said she was only referring to his `low-level` politics.
Another case was filed against Priyanka in a Darbhanga court.
Head of state BJP Fishermen community cell Arjun Sahni filed the case in the court of Darbhanga Chief Judicial Magistrate Shailendra Pandey against Priyanka levelling similar charges.
This case also expected to come up for hearing tomorrow.
Another complaint was filed by BJP at Gunnaur village in Musafirkhana area where it alleged that some youths carrying over Rs one lakh were distributing the money among the voters.
"Two boys have been detained. We have not recovered any cash from them but questioning is going on," Superintendent of Police Hira Lal said.
The detention of the two youths resulted in tense moments at the polling booths and police had to resort to light lathi charge to disperse the crowd.
In the lathi charge, a BJP polling agent, Hari Shankar Singh, was injured, police sources said.
AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas has also alleged that "Congress has lost its ground in Amethi and its gunda type elements are beating the AAP activists and trying to derail smooth polling, and the arrival of Rahul on polling day has proved his defeat by a large margin."
Polling is going on at 1246 booths at this prestigious constituency which is seeing a contest between Congress vice president Gandhi, TV actress-turned-politician Irani who is contesting on BJP ticket and Aam Admi Party`s Kumar Vishwas.
Meanwhile, in the nearby Sultanpur constituency, from where Rahul`s cousin Varun Gandhi is contesting on BJP ticket, some party workers alleged that police were interfering in their work.
"I just told them to do their work and let the workers do their work. There was nothing else," Varun Gandhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!