Two Korba nominees booked for not providing poll expense details
Korba: Two Independent candidates from Korba parliamentary constituency of Chhattisgarh were booked for not providing details of their poll expenses to the Election Commission, a poll official said here on Monday.
A case has been registered against Independent nominees in Korba seat - Fattesingh Shyam and Pratap Singh Bhanu for not furnishing details of their poll expenditure before the EC, based on the complaint of District Election Officer and Collector Reena Babasaheb Kangle on Saturday, the official said.
Fattesingh Shyam, a native of Gidhaouri village and Pratap Singh of Marwahi, both from Bilaspur district failed to submit the details of poll expenses within stipulated period to the office of DEO following which they were issued notices seeking their reply, he said.
When the duo did not respond to the notices, action was taken against him and a case was lodged with Rampur police station, he said.
According to a police official further investigation has begun in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal