Two Korba nominees booked for not providing poll expense details
Korba: Two Independent candidates from Korba parliamentary constituency of Chhattisgarh were booked for not providing details of their poll expenses to the Election Commission, a poll official said here on Monday.
A case has been registered against Independent nominees in Korba seat - Fattesingh Shyam and Pratap Singh Bhanu for not furnishing details of their poll expenditure before the EC, based on the complaint of District Election Officer and Collector Reena Babasaheb Kangle on Saturday, the official said.
Fattesingh Shyam, a native of Gidhaouri village and Pratap Singh of Marwahi, both from Bilaspur district failed to submit the details of poll expenses within stipulated period to the office of DEO following which they were issued notices seeking their reply, he said.
When the duo did not respond to the notices, action was taken against him and a case was lodged with Rampur police station, he said.
According to a police official further investigation has begun in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala