Two Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh, 14 killed
Raipur: At least 14 people, including polling officials and security personnel, were killed on Saturday when their vehicles were blown up in two separate Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh, officials said.
The Maoists struck just two days after polling got over in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar Lok Sabha constituency.
A bus in which 12 polling officials were returning in Bijapur district, about 450 km from here, was blown to bits by a Maoist landmine. Six polling officials were killed on the spot and six others injured, of whom one died of his injuries later.
The attack took place around noon near Ketulnar village.
The second attack also took place around noon in Bastar district, targeting five Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers - part of the 80th Bn`s road opening party - travelling in an ambulance.
The ambulance was blown up in a landmine blast in Darbha valley, which is about 350 km from here. The five troopers, the ambulance`s driver and technician were killed.
On Thursday, over half of the electorate in Bastar Lok Sabha constituency voted as two troopers were injured in a gunbattle with Maoists while they were escorting a polling party.
Balloting takes place in three constituencies of Chhattisgarh on April 17 while seven seats will see voting on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM