UDF wants EC to transfer Aizawl DM, SP
Aizawl: A pre-election alliance of eight parties in Mizoram has demanded the Election Commission to immediately transfer Aizawl district deputy commissioner and its superintendent of police, alleging bias against them.
"The DC and SP of Aizawl district are extremely biased," the UDF said in its complaint faxed to the EC yesterday.
The UDF also made a reference to an order banning discussion on alleged rigging and tampering of EVM in the 2013 assembly polls raised against Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla and the Congress government by church leader K Chhawnthuama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof