Uma Bharti attacks Harish Rawat over his marital status, demands resignation
Dehradun: Launching a personal attack against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday accused him of "marrying a second time without divorcing his first wife" and demanded his resignation on moral grounds.
"I have information that the chief minister`s first wife Basanti Devi has gone missing," Bharti said at a press conference here.
She alleged that "an unidentified man called Sanjay Rawat had applied for removal of Harish Rawat`s first wife Basanti Devi`s name from the voters list of Almora by filling out form 7."
Clarifying that form 7 is meant to be used for removal of a voter`s name from the list who has gone missing, gone abroad or is dead, she said, "a delegation of BJP`s women`s wing will soon meet Uttarakhand DGP BS Siddhu and urge him to locate the CM`s missing first wife within 48 hours."
"Since he married second time without divorcing his first wife, he should resign from the post of CM on moral grounds," she said.
She also said, "the CM and his second wife Renuka violated EC rules by applying for registration as voters from Dehradun at a time when they were already registered as voters from Ranikhet in Almora."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed