Uma Bharti promises separate Bundelkhand to voters in Jhansi
Jhansi: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has promised voters here a separate Bundelkhand state within three years, if her party is voted to power at the Centre.
"I am always in favour of separate Bundelkhand state. If my party is voted to power, I will ensure that Bundelkhand is made separate state within three years," Bharti said.
In a reply to a query over special package announced by the Planning Commission for this drought-prone region of Uttar Pradesh, Bharti said, "We will see where the package has gone after our government is made (at Centre)."
On Ram temple issue, Bharti said she hoped that in her life time, the temple would be constructed.
She also alleged that some officers in the Samajwadi Party-led UP government were working as party agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH