Uma Bharti promises separate Bundelkhand to voters in Jhansi
Jhansi: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has promised voters here a separate Bundelkhand state within three years, if her party is voted to power at the Centre.
"I am always in favour of separate Bundelkhand state. If my party is voted to power, I will ensure that Bundelkhand is made separate state within three years," Bharti said.
In a reply to a query over special package announced by the Planning Commission for this drought-prone region of Uttar Pradesh, Bharti said, "We will see where the package has gone after our government is made (at Centre)."
On Ram temple issue, Bharti said she hoped that in her life time, the temple would be constructed.
She also alleged that some officers in the Samajwadi Party-led UP government were working as party agents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference