Uma Bharti promises separate Bundelkhand to voters in Jhansi
Jhansi: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has promised voters here a separate Bundelkhand state within three years, if her party is voted to power at the Centre.
"I am always in favour of separate Bundelkhand state. If my party is voted to power, I will ensure that Bundelkhand is made separate state within three years," Bharti said.
In a reply to a query over special package announced by the Planning Commission for this drought-prone region of Uttar Pradesh, Bharti said, "We will see where the package has gone after our government is made (at Centre)."
On Ram temple issue, Bharti said she hoped that in her life time, the temple would be constructed.
She also alleged that some officers in the Samajwadi Party-led UP government were working as party agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16