Uma Bharti promises separate Bundelkhand to voters in Jhansi
Jhansi: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has promised voters here a separate Bundelkhand state within three years, if her party is voted to power at the Centre.
"I am always in favour of separate Bundelkhand state. If my party is voted to power, I will ensure that Bundelkhand is made separate state within three years," Bharti said.
In a reply to a query over special package announced by the Planning Commission for this drought-prone region of Uttar Pradesh, Bharti said, "We will see where the package has gone after our government is made (at Centre)."
On Ram temple issue, Bharti said she hoped that in her life time, the temple would be constructed.
She also alleged that some officers in the Samajwadi Party-led UP government were working as party agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming