Uma Bharti promises separate Bundelkhand to voters in Jhansi
Jhansi: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has promised voters here a separate Bundelkhand state within three years, if her party is voted to power at the Centre.
"I am always in favour of separate Bundelkhand state. If my party is voted to power, I will ensure that Bundelkhand is made separate state within three years," Bharti said.
In a reply to a query over special package announced by the Planning Commission for this drought-prone region of Uttar Pradesh, Bharti said, "We will see where the package has gone after our government is made (at Centre)."
On Ram temple issue, Bharti said she hoped that in her life time, the temple would be constructed.
She also alleged that some officers in the Samajwadi Party-led UP government were working as party agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why