Unfortunate that people like Amit Shah are in politics: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Tuesday targeted BJP for making Amit Shah as its UP incharge and termed as "unfortunate" the fact that people like him were doing politics.
"It`s unfortunate that a person like Amit Shah is doing politics...Who is he? See his history...He was Home Minister (in Gujarat) when the riots took place..", Yadav said.
"Ye naash kar denge.." (They will ruin.. (democracy), Yadav added.
"Uttar Pradesh is the land of Ram, Krisha, Atalji.. BJP should also think...They have made such a person as their UP incharge", he said.
The BJP general secretary had triggered a controversy with his remarks that the ongoing general elections, especially in western UP, is "an election for honour. It is an election to take revenge for the insult. It is an election to teach a lesson to those who have committed injustice."
Two FIRs have been lodged against Shah on Apr 6 in Uttar Pradesh while Election Commission (EC) served him with a notice yesterday seeking explanation by 5 pm on Apr 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?