Unfortunate that people like Amit Shah are in politics: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Tuesday targeted BJP for making Amit Shah as its UP incharge and termed as "unfortunate" the fact that people like him were doing politics.
"It`s unfortunate that a person like Amit Shah is doing politics...Who is he? See his history...He was Home Minister (in Gujarat) when the riots took place..", Yadav said.
"Ye naash kar denge.." (They will ruin.. (democracy), Yadav added.
"Uttar Pradesh is the land of Ram, Krisha, Atalji.. BJP should also think...They have made such a person as their UP incharge", he said.
The BJP general secretary had triggered a controversy with his remarks that the ongoing general elections, especially in western UP, is "an election for honour. It is an election to take revenge for the insult. It is an election to teach a lesson to those who have committed injustice."
Two FIRs have been lodged against Shah on Apr 6 in Uttar Pradesh while Election Commission (EC) served him with a notice yesterday seeking explanation by 5 pm on Apr 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Flipkart irks IIM Ahmedabad over delayed joining date, offers poor compensation for late joining
- Acting gives me a kick: Radhika Apte
- Beware! Artificial sweeteners may harm your health
- Modi government offers auction for 46 oil and gas fields through international bidding
- Consultation paper on internet telephony in a month: TRAI