Union Minister gets EVM direction changed to suit "Vastu"
Kolar: An election official changed the direction of EVM allegedly at the request of candidate and Union Minister KH Muniyappa to make it "Vastu" compliant, following which he was shifted from a polling centre in Kolar Lok Sabha constituency.
"The official has been shifted from Harohalli polling centre, which is in the city, for changing the direction of the Electronic Voting Machine on Muniyappa`s request to make it Vastu complaint," Kolar Deputy Commissioner and Returning Officer DK Ravi told reporters here.
Changing the direction or position of the EVM is unlawful, he said.
As soon as Muniyappa entered the polling centre to cast his vote, he was displeased to see the EVM facing South and placed it in North-Eastern direction with the help of his supporters, Ravi said.
"On receiving the information I shifted the election officer for carrying out Muniyappa`s instructions," the Deputy Commissioner said.
Ravi, however, did not respond when he was asked the reason for not taking action against Muniyappa`s supporters who changed the position of the EVM. "I will get back to you on it soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra