Union Minister gets EVM direction changed to suit "Vastu"
Kolar: An election official changed the direction of EVM allegedly at the request of candidate and Union Minister KH Muniyappa to make it "Vastu" compliant, following which he was shifted from a polling centre in Kolar Lok Sabha constituency.
"The official has been shifted from Harohalli polling centre, which is in the city, for changing the direction of the Electronic Voting Machine on Muniyappa`s request to make it Vastu complaint," Kolar Deputy Commissioner and Returning Officer DK Ravi told reporters here.
Changing the direction or position of the EVM is unlawful, he said.
As soon as Muniyappa entered the polling centre to cast his vote, he was displeased to see the EVM facing South and placed it in North-Eastern direction with the help of his supporters, Ravi said.
"On receiving the information I shifted the election officer for carrying out Muniyappa`s instructions," the Deputy Commissioner said.
Ravi, however, did not respond when he was asked the reason for not taking action against Muniyappa`s supporters who changed the position of the EVM. "I will get back to you on it soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years