UP, Bihar, Karnataka will change fortunes of BJP: Ananth Kumar
Bangalore: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Karnataka would change the "fortunes" of BJP and help it secure majority but the government would be formed with NDA partners, party leader Ananth Kumar said on Monday.
"There is a Modi wave in the country. There are three states which will change the fortunes of BJP - UP, Bihar and Karnataka. BJP has the chance to win 80 plus seats in these states. It will form the government at the Centre with a clear majority," he told reporters at meet-the-press event organised by Bangalore Reporters Guild here.
Kumar, however, said BJP would form government with NDA partners even if the party gets a majority mandate. "We want to continue our relations with NDA partners and form government," he said.
On Chief Minister Siddaramaiah`s remarks that there is no Modi wave, Kumar said there is anti-Siddaramaiah wave in Karnataka. "There is no Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and there is no hope of Manmohan Singh`s wave. If anything, there is a heavy anti-Siddaramaiah wave. If he is not able to see the Modi wave, it will make (him) extinct."
Talking about Bangalore South challenge as he faces Congress candidate and Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani, Kumar said every election is a challenge and he is not all disturbed with the contest.
"In fact, it is the Congress which is disturbed because it`s leaders and candidates do not have any courage to talk about its achievements at the Centre and have reduced the Lok Sabha elections to municipality elections," Kumar said.
He also expressed confidence that "Bangalore South voters will smash a sixer - will vote me for sixth time from the constituency. They will give us another chance."
On senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi`s no-Modi wave comment, Kumar said, "Joshiji has very clearly said Modi wave is BJP wave and BJP wave is Modi wave."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH