UP protests Priyanka`s violation of security norms
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday protested to the Special Protection Group (SPG) against Congress campaigner Priyanka Gandhi`s violation of security norms in Amethi and Rae Bareli.
Informed sources said the Principal Secretary (Home), Anil Kumar Gupta, wrote to SPG director that Gandhi was flouting the rule book, breaking security cordons and mingling with crowds during election rallies.
Priyanka Gandhi has been camping in Amethi and Rae Bareli for the last fortnight overseeing the election campaign of her brother Rahul Gandhi and mother Sonia Gandhi.
The official reportedly mentioned the security threats from various terrorist groups to VIPs.
The Mayawati government had in 2011 also sent similar letters to the central government objecting to the movement of Rahul Gandhi.
The 42-year-old Priyanka Gandhi has been mingling with crowds in villages and at roadside meetings, giving anxious moments to her security guards.
She enjoys SPG protection as a member of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...