UP protests Priyanka`s violation of security norms
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday protested to the Special Protection Group (SPG) against Congress campaigner Priyanka Gandhi`s violation of security norms in Amethi and Rae Bareli.
Informed sources said the Principal Secretary (Home), Anil Kumar Gupta, wrote to SPG director that Gandhi was flouting the rule book, breaking security cordons and mingling with crowds during election rallies.
Priyanka Gandhi has been camping in Amethi and Rae Bareli for the last fortnight overseeing the election campaign of her brother Rahul Gandhi and mother Sonia Gandhi.
The official reportedly mentioned the security threats from various terrorist groups to VIPs.
The Mayawati government had in 2011 also sent similar letters to the central government objecting to the movement of Rahul Gandhi.
The 42-year-old Priyanka Gandhi has been mingling with crowds in villages and at roadside meetings, giving anxious moments to her security guards.
She enjoys SPG protection as a member of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?