UPA aggravated issue of fishermen and Sri Lankan Tamils
Coimbatore: BJP on Saturday accused the UPA government of aggravating various issues, including agriculture, Sri Lankan Tamils and also arrests of Fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy.
"These problems are aggravated by weak and not nationalistic Delhi leaders and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has already declared that the solution to these problems are not with the regional parties in Tamil Nadu", BJP general secretary, Muralidhar Rao told reporters here.
BJP at the core was the only a viable, strong and decisive alternative to UPA, who can tackle these issues, he claimed, and said that fishermen`s problem was not not limited to Tamil Nadu, but also Gujarat from Pakistan side.
Stating that BJP will take up decisively the Sri Lankan Tamil and fishermen problem, coupled with revival of industries, power and agriculture, neglected by the State, he said that he party would also take up the issues of Tamil diaspora living in other countries.
Stating that Modi will lead the change of politics in Tamil Nadu and the politics in the state will be different after the Lok Sabha polls, he said NDA was emerging as a real alternative to DMK and AIADMK, as social base of NDA was far wider and deeper compared to these parties.
To a question on whether BJP will seek support of AIADMK to form the Government, he said when it was bang on its target of 272 Plus, question did not arise at all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali