UPA did not provide coal, gas to Rajasthan: BJP
Jaipur: Criticising UPA, Rajasthan BJP today alleged that despite there being a Congress government in the state, the Manmohan Singh government at the Centre did not provide sufficient coal and gas for power generation in the state due to which coal had to be imported at high prices.
The state not only had to buy imported coal but the power generation units faced a crisis to maintain demand and supply ratio in Rajasthan, BJP state president Ashok Parnami told a press conference here.
Dholpur-based gas generation plant could not produce desired power units due to poor supply of gas and as a result its extension plant of 330 MW was not executed, he said.
Similarly, the Chabra and Kalisindh based new power station projects were not initiated due to Centre`s apathetic behaviour towards the state, he said, adding the foundation stone of these plants were laid during the Vasundhara Raje government`s first term 2003-08.
Quoting a number of other hurdles created by the Centre and other agencies, Parnami said the cost of Chabra and Kalisindh projects have risen by Rs 4,200 crore which the state government has to bear. Slamming former chief minister Ashok Gehlot for making allegations against BJP, Parnami said he was yet to learn a lesson after Congress tally was reduced to 21 in the recently concluded Rajasthan assembly elections.
Parnami said the party would use 3-D technology to hold meetings with Narendra Modi in Sujangarh, Udaipur, Jhalawar, and Jodhpur in which the party`s prime ministerial candidate would interact with voters directly on April 6.
On another question related to the Black Paper brought out by BJP on the eve of Assembly polls, Parnami said every allegation made against the former Congress regime would be examined and a report would be compiled for further action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma