Varanasi `Modi`fied, Congress complains to EC against BJP`s roadshow
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Narendra Modi`s roadshow in Varanasi on Thursday may have rallied the BJP cadre and supporters together, but it has left the incumbent Congress rattled.
Senior Congress leader and Union minister Anand Sharma has informed the press that the ruling party has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against the roadshow by the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, ahead of his filing of nomination in Varanasi.
“The Congress has complained to the Election Commission that in the 117 constituencies in which voting is being held today, Narendra Modi`s roadshow was telecast live on all TV channels. This violated the model code of conduct and influenced voters,” Sharma said at a press conference.
The date of filing of nomination was selected in a pre-planned manner, Sharma said further, adding “we demand an FIR in this case against all those who were involved in the roadshow”.
“We don`t want to see any notice but instead concrete action,” the minister said, amply making clear the Congress party`s intentions.
“The nation is looking up to the Election Commission to see how it acts,” the minister concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing