Video clip showing Ajit Pawar threatening villagers is fake: NCP
Mumbai: NCP on Saturday said the video clip purportedly showing party leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ajit Pawar threatening residents of a village in the Baramati constituency was fake.
"The video clip is fake and Ajit Pawar has not said what is being attributed to him," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
Former IPS officer and Aam Aadmi Party`s candidate from Baramati, Suresh Khopde, submitted a complaint to the Vadgaon police in Pune district two days ago on the basis of the video clip, which purportedly shows Ajit telling locals at Masalwadi village that if they did not vote for NCP`s Supriya Sule, water supply to the village would be cut off.
"We will take legal action against those who circulated the fake video," Malik said.
He also accused the BJP candidate from Mumbai North East, Kirit Somaiya, of seeking votes on linguistic and regional basis and demanded that Election Commission take note of it.
Somaiya was appealing to the Gujaratis in the area to vote for him because he too was a Gujarati, Malik said, adding that NCP had moved the High Court yesterday against Somaiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future