Video clip showing Ajit Pawar threatening villagers is fake: NCP
Mumbai: NCP on Saturday said the video clip purportedly showing party leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ajit Pawar threatening residents of a village in the Baramati constituency was fake.
"The video clip is fake and Ajit Pawar has not said what is being attributed to him," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
Former IPS officer and Aam Aadmi Party`s candidate from Baramati, Suresh Khopde, submitted a complaint to the Vadgaon police in Pune district two days ago on the basis of the video clip, which purportedly shows Ajit telling locals at Masalwadi village that if they did not vote for NCP`s Supriya Sule, water supply to the village would be cut off.
"We will take legal action against those who circulated the fake video," Malik said.
He also accused the BJP candidate from Mumbai North East, Kirit Somaiya, of seeking votes on linguistic and regional basis and demanded that Election Commission take note of it.
Somaiya was appealing to the Gujaratis in the area to vote for him because he too was a Gujarati, Malik said, adding that NCP had moved the High Court yesterday against Somaiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?