Video of J&K Minister invoking religion goes viral
Srinagar: A video clip has appeared on social networking sites which purportedly shows a Jammu and Kashmir Minister invoking religion to seek support of a reluctant old man in the upcoming elections.
Jammu and Kashmir`s Social Welfare Minister Sakina Itoo, the only woman minister in the Omar Abdullah Cabinet, along with her party workers, is apparently seen asking the old
man to support her during the elections.
"I am like your daughter, you take oath with Quran in your hands that you will support us in the elections like in the past," Itoo is seen telling him in the video. However, the man is seen eventually pledging support to Itoo and the party.
Meanwhile, the National Conference said that there was "absolutely nothing wrong" with the minister`s actions which are a part of the culture here and there was no violation of
the Model Code of Conduct.
"The party stand is that there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We believe there was no violation of the Model Code of Conduct. Certain things are vernacular and part of
the culture and people here understand that," NC spokesman Junaid Matto told.
The exact date of 3:11 minute-video which went viral on social networking sites and has become a topic of discussions among the netizens, is not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love