VK Singh calls Shazia Ilmi "anti-national"
Ghaziabad: Hitting out at AAP leader and his rival Shazia Ilmi for her comments about BJP setting a dangerous trend by giving tickets to defence personnel, saffron party candidate from Ghaziabad VK Singh on Thursday called her "anti-national".
"I think such people are anti-national. They don`t know what nationalism is and what Army does for the nation. When such people are in trouble they clamour for the Army to come and help them.
"Even as a party I think AAP has exhibited total immaturity," Singh, a former Army Chief, told reporters here as the constituency went to poll.
Ilmi had said that BJP was setting a wrong precedent by giving Singh a ticket.
"We have seen the fate of Pakistan... And the BJP is encouraging such trends in India for its narrow political aims," she had said.
Singh also termed the comments as immature.
"That was very silly and immature if I can call it that way... The comment made by one of the candidates. I think anybody making such a comment first needs to study what our constitution says," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter