VK Singh calls Shazia Ilmi "anti-national"
Ghaziabad: Hitting out at AAP leader and his rival Shazia Ilmi for her comments about BJP setting a dangerous trend by giving tickets to defence personnel, saffron party candidate from Ghaziabad VK Singh on Thursday called her "anti-national".
"I think such people are anti-national. They don`t know what nationalism is and what Army does for the nation. When such people are in trouble they clamour for the Army to come and help them.
"Even as a party I think AAP has exhibited total immaturity," Singh, a former Army Chief, told reporters here as the constituency went to poll.
Ilmi had said that BJP was setting a wrong precedent by giving Singh a ticket.
"We have seen the fate of Pakistan... And the BJP is encouraging such trends in India for its narrow political aims," she had said.
Singh also termed the comments as immature.
"That was very silly and immature if I can call it that way... The comment made by one of the candidates. I think anybody making such a comment first needs to study what our constitution says," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock
- Suicide bomber kills at least 20 recruits in Yemen