VK Singh calls Shazia Ilmi "anti-national"
Ghaziabad: Hitting out at AAP leader and his rival Shazia Ilmi for her comments about BJP setting a dangerous trend by giving tickets to defence personnel, saffron party candidate from Ghaziabad VK Singh on Thursday called her "anti-national".
"I think such people are anti-national. They don`t know what nationalism is and what Army does for the nation. When such people are in trouble they clamour for the Army to come and help them.
"Even as a party I think AAP has exhibited total immaturity," Singh, a former Army Chief, told reporters here as the constituency went to poll.
Ilmi had said that BJP was setting a wrong precedent by giving Singh a ticket.
"We have seen the fate of Pakistan... And the BJP is encouraging such trends in India for its narrow political aims," she had said.
Singh also termed the comments as immature.
"That was very silly and immature if I can call it that way... The comment made by one of the candidates. I think anybody making such a comment first needs to study what our constitution says," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row