Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water supply: Ajit Pawar
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: In what is sure to come under the Election Commission scanner and embarrass Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar, his nephew and Maharashtra`s Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has been accused of threatening the villagers in Baramati to vote for his cousin Supriya Sule.
It was reported on Friday that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate from Baramati, Suresh Khopde has lodged a formal complaint with the police on the basis of a video that allegedly shows Ajit Pawar threatening villagers and telling them to vote for his cousin.
In the video, the Maharashtra`s Deputy Chief Minister could be heard warning the voters in a Baramati village that if they do not vote for his cousin, their water supplies will be cut.
Pawar along with 50-60 supporters visited many villages in Baramati and held public meetings in the area where he allegedly threatened the residents, Khopde said while speaking to a TV news channel.
Though Pawar is not clearly visible in the video footage, Khopde claimed that he has verified from the villagers that state`s Dy CM has allegedly threatened them. The local villagers have even agreed to register a complaint in the case. Khopde also claimed that a similar complaint has been filed by a BJP member against Pawar.
The police have begun its investigation into the case. Voting for Baramati was held on Thursday in the fifth phase of polling in the nine-phased election exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad