Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water supply: Ajit Pawar
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: In what is sure to come under the Election Commission scanner and embarrass Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar, his nephew and Maharashtra`s Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has been accused of threatening the villagers in Baramati to vote for his cousin Supriya Sule.
It was reported on Friday that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate from Baramati, Suresh Khopde has lodged a formal complaint with the police on the basis of a video that allegedly shows Ajit Pawar threatening villagers and telling them to vote for his cousin.
In the video, the Maharashtra`s Deputy Chief Minister could be heard warning the voters in a Baramati village that if they do not vote for his cousin, their water supplies will be cut.
Pawar along with 50-60 supporters visited many villages in Baramati and held public meetings in the area where he allegedly threatened the residents, Khopde said while speaking to a TV news channel.
Though Pawar is not clearly visible in the video footage, Khopde claimed that he has verified from the villagers that state`s Dy CM has allegedly threatened them. The local villagers have even agreed to register a complaint in the case. Khopde also claimed that a similar complaint has been filed by a BJP member against Pawar.
The police have begun its investigation into the case. Voting for Baramati was held on Thursday in the fifth phase of polling in the nine-phased election exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling