Vote NDA to power for better governance: TDP chief
Kadapa: Criticising the Congress for "huge corruption", TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday urged people to vote for TDP and BJP for "better governance".
Naidu was speaking at the public meeting held in municipal grounds at Kadapa on tonight.
"Huge corruption has taken place in Congress regime in the state and the country. Therefore, vote for TDP and BJP for better governance," he said.
He also criticised Congress for "dividing Andhra Pradesh" without considering people`s views".
"Though I made all out efforts to avoid the division of the state, all went in vain. I met all the leaders in the country but could not get a positive result," he said.
Talking about TDP`s decision to join hands with the BJP, he said, "Keeping in view the political conditions and lack of leadership in the country, TDP decided to join hands with BJP for all round development of the country and to protect the national interests."
Giving various assurances, he said his party was committed to provide water to every acre in the drought-stricken areas of Seemandhra.
"Presently there are no facilities and institutions in Seemandhra, but I am confident that we will be able to develop the state with the alliance of NDA," he said.
Targeting YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, he said, "The Enforcement Directorate has seized Rs 1,000 crore from YSR congress leader, which is first of its kind in independent India."
The Ganga-Kaveri river linkage scheme would be taken up with the support of the NDA government, which will be formed at the Centre under the chairmanship of Narendra Modi and there will be no dearth of funds to implement the scheme but need honest and visionary leadership," he said.
"Steps will be taken to protect religious harmony in the country and Muslims will be protected with utmost care. A special package will be given to Muslims and steps will be mooted to develop them politically and financially. A corpus fund will be created with Rs 500 crore for the betterment of upper castes," Naidu said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!