We are in touch with other political parties: Congress president Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Notwithstanding exit polls predicting a worst ever performance by the Congress in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, party president Sonia Gandhi expressed hope that all was not lost.
As per reports, Sonia said that they were in touch with other parties regarding post-poll scenario.
Most of the exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the Congress and a come back for the BJP-led NDA to power at the Centre after 10 years with Narendra Modi poised to be India’s next PM.
The Congress did not name anyone as the PM candidate in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the voting for which got over on May 12, though party vice president Rahul Gandhi was the face of the campaign of the party.
The results are scheduled to be announced on May 16.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was tonight lavishly praised at a farewell dinner hosted by Sonia Gandhi and attended by a galaxy of party leaders except Rahul Gandhi who skipped it, raising political eyebrows.
The function at 10, Janpath, Sonia`s residence, was held as a mark of gratitude by the party whose coalition government 81-year-old Singh led for 10 long years.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!