We can pull down Jharkhand govt: Mamata
Ranchi: Buoyed by roping in two MLAs into the Trinamool Congress, its chief Mamata Banerjee on Saturday claimed that if her party so desired it could pull down the Hemant Soren government in Jharkhand.
"We have two MLAs in Jharkhand Assembly. If we want we can throw out the government. But we won`t do that because we want to leave the decision to the people during the Lok Sabha polls," Banerjee told an election rally here.
MLAs Bandhu Tirkey and Chamra Linda are contesting as Trinamool Congress candidates from Ranchi and Lohardaga districts. The MLAs had joined the TMC on March three along with their registered regional parties.
Another MLA from Congress, Chandrasekhar Dubey also joined the Trinamool and later resigned from the House.
The strength of 82-member House has been reduced to 79 but both Tirkey and Linda have said that they would continue to support the government, reducing any threat to it.
Banerjee appealed to the people to vote for Trinamool Congress in the Lok Sabha elections and in the coming assembly elections scheduled later this year, to enable her party to develop the mineral-rich state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre