Who is your PM candidate? Munda asks regional parties
Sahibganj: Claiming that if BJP voted to power it would definitely curb corruption and price rise in the country, former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda today asked the state`s regional parties to tell who would be their prime ministerial candidate in case they win.
Addressing a poll meeting in Sahibganj, which comes under Raj Mahal LS seat, the senior BJP leader said, "Our prime minster will be Narendra Modi. The regional parties should tell theirs."
Taking a dig at regional party leaders and former chief ministers Babulal Marandi of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric-JVM) and Shibu Soren of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), Munda alleged that even if one or two candidates win from the regional parties it would not be more than of a bargaining role for them.
Soren and Marandi are contesting from Dumka (ST) seat while BJP`s Sunil Soren is also in the fray there. Both the JMM and the JVM have also fielded their respective candidates in Raj Mahal (ST).
Appealing to the people to vote for BJP candidate Hemlal Murmu, who joined the saffron party from JMM recently, from Raj Mahal, Munda said the UPA government`s ten years of rule left the common people in misery following unprecedented price rise.
If BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi came to power, Munda added, price rise and corruption would be controlled definitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state