Who is your PM candidate? Munda asks regional parties
Sahibganj: Claiming that if BJP voted to power it would definitely curb corruption and price rise in the country, former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda today asked the state`s regional parties to tell who would be their prime ministerial candidate in case they win.
Addressing a poll meeting in Sahibganj, which comes under Raj Mahal LS seat, the senior BJP leader said, "Our prime minster will be Narendra Modi. The regional parties should tell theirs."
Taking a dig at regional party leaders and former chief ministers Babulal Marandi of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric-JVM) and Shibu Soren of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), Munda alleged that even if one or two candidates win from the regional parties it would not be more than of a bargaining role for them.
Soren and Marandi are contesting from Dumka (ST) seat while BJP`s Sunil Soren is also in the fray there. Both the JMM and the JVM have also fielded their respective candidates in Raj Mahal (ST).
Appealing to the people to vote for BJP candidate Hemlal Murmu, who joined the saffron party from JMM recently, from Raj Mahal, Munda said the UPA government`s ten years of rule left the common people in misery following unprecedented price rise.
If BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi came to power, Munda added, price rise and corruption would be controlled definitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city