Will Mulayam Singh Yadav take Muslims to jannat? asks Shahnawaz Hussain
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Sparking verbal duel with Samajwadi Party, BJP national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Friday asked if SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is a Pope for Muslims.
Replying to Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi`s shocker that Muslims who do not vote for his party are not “true Mulsims”, Hussain asked: “Will Mulayam take them (Muslims) to jannat (heaven)?”
On Thursday, while addressing an election rally in support of SP candidate Bhalchandra Yadav at Khalilabad, Azmi had said: “A Muslim, who does not vote for SP and talks against it is not a Muslim. His DNA test should be conducted. See whether he is from RSS.”
“I want to say that he cannot be a true person. What SP supremo Mulayam Singh has not done for them (Muslim community),” Azmi, who is the Maharashtra unit chief of SP, had asked.
This is not the first time Azmi got himself embroiled in a controversy. Last month, the SP leader was in news when he said victims in rape cases should also be punished.
Speaking to a leading Mumbai tabloid, Azmi had said, “Rape is punishable by hanging in Islam. But here, nothing happens to women, only to men. Even the woman is guilty.”
“In India, if you have sex with a person with consent, it’s fine. But if that same person complains, it’s a problem. Nowadays, we see a lot of such cases. Girls complain when someone touches them, and even when someone doesn’t touch them. It becomes a problem then, and the man’s honour is ruined in this. If rape happens with or without consent, it should be punished as prescribed in Islam,” the SP Maharashtra chief had said further.
“If any woman, whether married or unmarried, goes along with a man, with or without her consent, she should be hanged. Both should be hanged. It shouldn’t be allowed even if a woman goes by consent.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state