Will not let BJP succeed in making Modi PM: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday said his party would not let BJP succeed in its agenda of making Narendra Modi the Prime Minister.
"SP will not let BJP succeeded in Lok Sabha polls and make Narendra Modi the next PM. If they (BJP) get defeated in Uttar Pradesh, Modi will never become PM," Yadav said here.
Asking Muslims to remain alert, he said BJP and BSP had close relationship and Congress` role was also suspicious as far as providing facilities to Muslim community was concerned.
The SP supremo was meeting representatives of Sunni Ulema Council, whose delegation led by Riyaz Ahmad met him and extended support to SP.
Yadav said that to save the Constitution and the secular character of the country, he had saved Babri Mosque in his regime and had also advocated formation of Federation of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
"I have raised all the issues pertaining to Muslim community in Parliament," he said, seeking their support in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arvind Kejriwal questions PM Narendra Modi's qualification, report claims he scored 62.3% in MA
- WATCH: When Virat Kohli applauded David Warner's 'helicopter' shot during SRH-RCB match
- Uttarakhand forest fire: WATCH - How IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Bhimtal lake to spray it over affected areas
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4