Will not let BJP succeed in making Modi PM: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday said his party would not let BJP succeed in its agenda of making Narendra Modi the Prime Minister.
"SP will not let BJP succeeded in Lok Sabha polls and make Narendra Modi the next PM. If they (BJP) get defeated in Uttar Pradesh, Modi will never become PM," Yadav said here.
Asking Muslims to remain alert, he said BJP and BSP had close relationship and Congress` role was also suspicious as far as providing facilities to Muslim community was concerned.
The SP supremo was meeting representatives of Sunni Ulema Council, whose delegation led by Riyaz Ahmad met him and extended support to SP.
Yadav said that to save the Constitution and the secular character of the country, he had saved Babri Mosque in his regime and had also advocated formation of Federation of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
"I have raised all the issues pertaining to Muslim community in Parliament," he said, seeking their support in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened