Will not let BJP succeed in making Modi PM: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday said his party would not let BJP succeed in its agenda of making Narendra Modi the Prime Minister.
"SP will not let BJP succeeded in Lok Sabha polls and make Narendra Modi the next PM. If they (BJP) get defeated in Uttar Pradesh, Modi will never become PM," Yadav said here.
Asking Muslims to remain alert, he said BJP and BSP had close relationship and Congress` role was also suspicious as far as providing facilities to Muslim community was concerned.
The SP supremo was meeting representatives of Sunni Ulema Council, whose delegation led by Riyaz Ahmad met him and extended support to SP.
Yadav said that to save the Constitution and the secular character of the country, he had saved Babri Mosque in his regime and had also advocated formation of Federation of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
"I have raised all the issues pertaining to Muslim community in Parliament," he said, seeking their support in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31