Winds of change blowing across country: Amit Shah
Allahabad: BJP general secretary Amit Shah on Saturday said winds of change were blowing across the country and its effect would be visible even in a Congress stronghold like Amethi.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is seeking re-election for the third consecutive term from Amethi.
"The entire country is witnessing a parivartan ki lahar (winds of change). The winds are only getting stronger with each passing day," Shah told a rally in Phulpur Lok Sabha constituency.
"I was in Amethi yesterday and mark my words, even that constituency is going to vote for a change this time.
"The atmosphere that is prevailing there reminded me of the 1977 elections when the Congress lost even its perceived strongholds. You can take it from me in writing," Shah said.
A close aide of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Shah also lashed out at the Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party.
"Both the parties have their narrow, caste-based agendas and are equally responsible for continuance of the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre," he said.
Taking a dig at SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav who has been pitching for a Third Front government at the Centre, Shah said "from where is he going to get his seats Karnataka, Gujarat or Maharashtra? He may get no more than 10-15 seats in UP where his party is in power."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city