Words like `unch`, `neech` don`t suit you: Narendra Modi to Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday stepped up his attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi by raking up the caste identity issue.
Addressing a rally in Motihari district in Bihar, Modi said that it doesn`t suit Sonia Gandhi to use words like `unch`, `neech` in her election speeches.
“Madam Sonia, is defeat troubling you so much? Are you upset that these games of 60 years will end now,” Modi exhorted.
Sensing a tough fight in the remaining seats of Bihar, where caste is expected to play a major factor, the Gujarat Chief Minister said that votebank politics, dynastic politics, caste and communal politics have destroyed the nation.
Campaigning for the last phase of elections, Modi accused the Congress of playing politics of untouchability.
Further taking on the Congress, the BJP strongman raked up the issue of a Congress leader demanding the prestigious Bharat Ratna award to be taken back from legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, who had advocated Modi as the next prime minister.
He concluded his speech by asserting, “There is no place for politics of hatred in our nation.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India