1975 emergency most damning, not 2002: Parrikar
Panaji: The most damning moment in India`s timeline did not occur in 2002. It happened in 1975 when the Emegency was imposed by the Congress, Goa CM said.
"The Emergency imposed by the Congress in 1975 was a much bigger thing than 2002," Parrikar told a meeting of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders here.
Parrikar has in the recent past backed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the face of the party for the Lok Sabha election.
Defending Modi, Parrikar has also called the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat a result of "administrative" failure which happened at a time when Modi was finding his feet as Guarat`s chief minister.
Parrikar also said that it was the Congress which imposed the cult of dictatorship in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday