1975 emergency most damning, not 2002: Parrikar
Panaji: The most damning moment in India`s timeline did not occur in 2002. It happened in 1975 when the Emegency was imposed by the Congress, Goa CM said.
"The Emergency imposed by the Congress in 1975 was a much bigger thing than 2002," Parrikar told a meeting of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders here.
Parrikar has in the recent past backed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the face of the party for the Lok Sabha election.
Defending Modi, Parrikar has also called the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat a result of "administrative" failure which happened at a time when Modi was finding his feet as Guarat`s chief minister.
Parrikar also said that it was the Congress which imposed the cult of dictatorship in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof