1975 emergency most damning, not 2002: Parrikar
Panaji: The most damning moment in India`s timeline did not occur in 2002. It happened in 1975 when the Emegency was imposed by the Congress, Goa CM said.
"The Emergency imposed by the Congress in 1975 was a much bigger thing than 2002," Parrikar told a meeting of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders here.
Parrikar has in the recent past backed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the face of the party for the Lok Sabha election.
Defending Modi, Parrikar has also called the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat a result of "administrative" failure which happened at a time when Modi was finding his feet as Guarat`s chief minister.
Parrikar also said that it was the Congress which imposed the cult of dictatorship in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan