2 former Goa CMs helped allot land to SEZ: Parrikar
Panaji: Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party
(BJP) in Goa on Wednesday alleged two former state chief ministers
Pratapsinh Rane and Luizinho Faleiro had allegedly facilitated
allotment of land to the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) land
BJP’s Leader of the Opposition Manohar Parrikar alleged
at a press conference that Rane, now Assembly Speaker, and
Faleiro (senior Congress leader), along with several
bureaucrats helped transfer of land to SEZ.
Rane and Faleiro were not available for comments despite
attempts to reach them.
The Bombay High court bench in Goa had in an order
recently asked the seven SEZ promoters to give back their land
to state government-owned Goa Industrial Development
The court had said the land allotment was done in undue
The SEZ developers had approached the high court against
GIDC’s action of reverting back the land.
Parrikar, a former chief minister, claimed Rane, the then
chief minister in 2006, had directed the GSIDC Managing
Director, through a noting on the file, to allot land to the
He alleged the CM’s directions were in contravention to
the prescribed norms.
The leader of opposition said Rane and Faleiro were the
key politicians who were the part of set-up which had allotted
the land to SEZs including Meditab Specialities Pvt
Ltd, Cipla group, Peninsular Pharma Research Ltd, Paradigm
Logistic & Distributors, Planetview Mercantile Pvt Ltd, Inox
Mercentile Pvt Ltd and M/s Maxgrow.
Goa government has scrapped its SEZ policy withdrawing
its consent to the 18 industrial enclaves.
Three SEZs, which were notified by the Union Commerce
Ministry, are yet to be de-notified while rest promoters moved
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter