2 former Goa CMs helped allot land to SEZ: Parrikar
Panaji: Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party
(BJP) in Goa on Wednesday alleged two former state chief ministers
Pratapsinh Rane and Luizinho Faleiro had allegedly facilitated
allotment of land to the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) land
BJP’s Leader of the Opposition Manohar Parrikar alleged
at a press conference that Rane, now Assembly Speaker, and
Faleiro (senior Congress leader), along with several
bureaucrats helped transfer of land to SEZ.
Rane and Faleiro were not available for comments despite
attempts to reach them.
The Bombay High court bench in Goa had in an order
recently asked the seven SEZ promoters to give back their land
to state government-owned Goa Industrial Development
The court had said the land allotment was done in undue
The SEZ developers had approached the high court against
GIDC’s action of reverting back the land.
Parrikar, a former chief minister, claimed Rane, the then
chief minister in 2006, had directed the GSIDC Managing
Director, through a noting on the file, to allot land to the
He alleged the CM’s directions were in contravention to
the prescribed norms.
The leader of opposition said Rane and Faleiro were the
key politicians who were the part of set-up which had allotted
the land to SEZs including Meditab Specialities Pvt
Ltd, Cipla group, Peninsular Pharma Research Ltd, Paradigm
Logistic & Distributors, Planetview Mercantile Pvt Ltd, Inox
Mercentile Pvt Ltd and M/s Maxgrow.
Goa government has scrapped its SEZ policy withdrawing
its consent to the 18 industrial enclaves.
Three SEZs, which were notified by the Union Commerce
Ministry, are yet to be de-notified while rest promoters moved
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’