20 Goa students ill after eating mid-day meal
Panaji: Twenty students of a secondary school in Goa were on Saturday admitted to a hospital when they started to vomit after eating the mid-day meal. The students said they saw a dead spider in the food, an official said.
The incident occurred in Kamleshwar School in Pernem, 25 km from here.
"The children are in hospital and their condition is stable," the education department official said.
The incident comes less than two weeks after 23 school children in Bihar`s Saran district died after eating contaminated food.
On July 19, 20 primary school students were admitted to hospital after some of them fell ill after a mid-day meal at a school in Ponda in eastern Goa. Students of a school in Canacona in south Goa were hospitalised June 23 after eating mid-day meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi