2014 General Elections: Priyanka Gandhi to campaign nationally? Congress says no
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka Gandhi may campaign for the party across the country and not just in Uttar Pradesh for the upcoming General Elections 2014, sources said on Monday.
While the Congress denied any such plans, earlier reports stated that the party is reportedly trying to rope in Priyanka Gandhi as its star campaigner in a bid to give stiff competition to the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
If Priyanka Gandhi campaigns across the nation, then it will be for the first time that she will be campaigning outside the constituency of her mother, Sonia Gandhi, and brother, Rahul Gandhi - Rae Bareily and Amethi respectively.
However, she will not be reportedly contesting from any seat for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Priyanka Gandhi has time and again asserted that she has no inclinations towards joining active politics. But that has not stopped her growing popularity among the people and she has turned out to be a crowd puller during the party`s previous election campaigns.
However, Congress was quick to deny that Priyanka Gandhi will be campaigning nationally for the party.
Congress general secretary Ajay Maken said that there is no truth in this. He further said that the issue is being raised to divert attention from the temple tragedy in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone