23 Goa students fall ill after mid-day meal
Panaji: Twenty-three students fell ill after eating their mid-day meal at a primary school in Goa on Thursday. Five students have been admitted to hospital, an official said.
The students belonged to the Mallikarjun High School in Canacona, some 70 km from here.
"All the students were sent to a public health centre. Five students who were still feeling nauseated and unwell were shifted to the district hospital," a district administration official said.
The students are under observation. The state education department has announced a probe into the incident, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof