23 Goa students fall ill after mid-day meal
Panaji: Twenty-three students fell ill after eating their mid-day meal at a primary school in Goa on Thursday. Five students have been admitted to hospital, an official said.
The students belonged to the Mallikarjun High School in Canacona, some 70 km from here.
"All the students were sent to a public health centre. Five students who were still feeling nauseated and unwell were shifted to the district hospital," a district administration official said.
The students are under observation. The state education department has announced a probe into the incident, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday