24 instances of illegal mining in Goa, says Parrikar
Panaji: A week after saying there was no illegal mining in Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Monday admitted that there were 24 instances of illegal mining in the state.
In a written reply to the Goa legislative assembly tabled Monday, Parrikar said 24 mines have been hauled up for illegal mining from 2007 to 2012, and the status of investigation ranges from notices served to the parties involved in it to the accused persons petitioning the courts against the government action.
After leading a campaign against illegal mining in Goa for five years as an opposition leader, Parrikar in a sharp turnaround July 16 said that there was no illegal mining in Goa.
Parrikar as well as the Bharatiya Janata Party earlier claimed that there was a Rs 25,000 crore illegal mining scam in Goa in which several top Congress leaders were involved.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive