5 injured in ordnance shell explosion in Goa
Panaji: Five persons were injured after an ordnance shell exploded at a defence shipyard in the port town of Vasco on Wednesday.
The shell had been recovered by a dredger vessel, used by Mormugao Port Trust at the Goa Shipyard Limited, along with silt and dirt which was then emptied in a container, SP Arvind Gawas said.
Workers at the shipyard tried to cut open the shell following which it exploded, he said.
Five workers were injured in the explosion and they have been admitted to a local hospital. The condition of two of them is said to be critical, Gawas said.
Indian Navy officials have visited the site and requested that the shell be sent to them for further examination.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!