5 injured in ordnance shell explosion in Goa
Panaji: Five persons were injured after an ordnance shell exploded at a defence shipyard in the port town of Vasco on Wednesday.
The shell had been recovered by a dredger vessel, used by Mormugao Port Trust at the Goa Shipyard Limited, along with silt and dirt which was then emptied in a container, SP Arvind Gawas said.
Workers at the shipyard tried to cut open the shell following which it exploded, he said.
Five workers were injured in the explosion and they have been admitted to a local hospital. The condition of two of them is said to be critical, Gawas said.
Indian Navy officials have visited the site and requested that the shell be sent to them for further examination.
- Solar-powered plane to soar again on round-the-world flight
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!