5 injured in ordnance shell explosion in Goa
Panaji: Five persons were injured after an ordnance shell exploded at a defence shipyard in the port town of Vasco on Wednesday.
The shell had been recovered by a dredger vessel, used by Mormugao Port Trust at the Goa Shipyard Limited, along with silt and dirt which was then emptied in a container, SP Arvind Gawas said.
Workers at the shipyard tried to cut open the shell following which it exploded, he said.
Five workers were injured in the explosion and they have been admitted to a local hospital. The condition of two of them is said to be critical, Gawas said.
Indian Navy officials have visited the site and requested that the shell be sent to them for further examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth