60-yr-old man arrested for killing partner in Goa
Panaji: A 60-year-old man was arrested for allegedly killing his live-in partner at Anjuna beach village near here, police said on Wednesday.
Anjuna police arrested Ubaldo Fernandes last night for allegedly shooting his partner Rita Almeida (35).
The post-mortem conducted on the victim`s body found a bullet in her chest, police said.
Rita was found dead at her residence on Monday and police had initially ruled out any foul play, claiming that the death was due to an asthma attack.
But the locals, including Rita`s brother, raised suspicion about her death.
The body, which was handed over to the family, was later taken back by police to conduct the post-mortem which revealed a bullet in her chest, they said.
The couple had been living together for last six years in Anjuna village.
A case under section 302 (murder) of IPC has been registered against Fernandes, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat