60-yr-old man arrested for killing partner in Goa
Panaji: A 60-year-old man was arrested for allegedly killing his live-in partner at Anjuna beach village near here, police said on Wednesday.
Anjuna police arrested Ubaldo Fernandes last night for allegedly shooting his partner Rita Almeida (35).
The post-mortem conducted on the victim`s body found a bullet in her chest, police said.
Rita was found dead at her residence on Monday and police had initially ruled out any foul play, claiming that the death was due to an asthma attack.
But the locals, including Rita`s brother, raised suspicion about her death.
The body, which was handed over to the family, was later taken back by police to conduct the post-mortem which revealed a bullet in her chest, they said.
The couple had been living together for last six years in Anjuna village.
A case under section 302 (murder) of IPC has been registered against Fernandes, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS
- Rupee recovers 7 paise to 67.11 vs USD