74 foreigners booked in drugs cases in Goa in four years
Panaji: According to the Goa home
department, 74 foreign nationals were booked in drugs-related cases in the coastal state in the last four years.
In reply to a question in the state Legislative Assembly,
Goa home minister Ravi Naik said this included Israelis,
Norwegians, Dutch, Italians, Costa Rican, Japanese, Swedish
But it is Nepalis who top the list of foreigners arrested
under Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
Naik said that 29 Nepalis were arrested in the last four years. Besides, 19 Nigerians were arrested in drugs- related cases in the same period.
Several foreigners are working in Goa`s off-shore
casinos. According to Naik`s reply -- tabled in the Assembly
-- 14 foreign nationals are working on the off-shore casino
Five are Russians, who are employed as dealer inspectors.
Four UK nationals were working as casinos managers.
Goa has a dozen of on-shore casinos and half a dozen off-
shore ones, plying in the Mandovi River.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested