74 foreigners booked in drugs cases in Goa in four years
Panaji: According to the Goa home
department, 74 foreign nationals were booked in drugs-related cases in the coastal state in the last four years.
In reply to a question in the state Legislative Assembly,
Goa home minister Ravi Naik said this included Israelis,
Norwegians, Dutch, Italians, Costa Rican, Japanese, Swedish
But it is Nepalis who top the list of foreigners arrested
under Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
Naik said that 29 Nepalis were arrested in the last four years. Besides, 19 Nigerians were arrested in drugs- related cases in the same period.
Several foreigners are working in Goa`s off-shore
casinos. According to Naik`s reply -- tabled in the Assembly
-- 14 foreign nationals are working on the off-shore casino
Five are Russians, who are employed as dealer inspectors.
Four UK nationals were working as casinos managers.
Goa has a dozen of on-shore casinos and half a dozen off-
shore ones, plying in the Mandovi River.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read