9 year old Russian victim identifies her rapist
Panaji: The nine-year-old Russian girl and
her mother on Monday identified Aman Bharadwaj as the accused who
raped the girl at North Goa`s Arambol beach on January 26.
The identification parade was conducted today by state
police, two days after the accused was arrested from Chembur
A senior police officer said the mother-daughter duo
identified the accused as the one who raped the girl in the
Police had conducted identification parade of Anil
Raghuvanshi, an alleged accomplice in the case, last week.
A 34-year-old Russian woman, holidaying in Goa with her
minor daughter, had complained to Pernem police station that
a man had raped her child in the sea while his friend kept her
busy in conversation on the Republic Day evening.
Police had zeroed in on Bharadwaj, who gave the police
the slip and disappeared from the state only to be arrested in
Mumbai a day later.
Raghuvanshi, who was in touch with the police, was on the
run too and was arrested at Panaji bus stand while getting
down from a bus which arrived from Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends