AAP candidate`s brother says kidnapping case false, seeks bail
New Delhi: The brother of an Aam Aadmi Party leader, booked for kidnapping an accused in the IPL spot-fixing case, Thursday, sought bail from a Delhi court on the ground that the charges against him were false.
Additional Sessions Judge Illa Rawat called for the file of the IPL spot-fixing case accused Ritesh Bansal, who has alleged that he was kidnapped by four persons including Chakit Ravi, the elder brother of AAP`s Karol Bagh candidate Vishesh Ravi.
The court called for Bansal`s file in the case registered against him by crime branch of Mumbai Police, after Chakit`s counsel A P Singh contended "Ritesh himself is an accused in a case registered in Mumbai in the IPL spot-fixing scandal and during the time period he claimed to have been picked up by my client, he was appearing before a Mumbai court."
Singh said the, "Court can call for the records of the case to see that Ritesh was in Mumbai during the relevant time period".
He also submitted that Chakit "is a victim of political conspiracy to defame his family as his younger brother is an election candidate and the complaint was lodged just when his name was announced for contesting the polls."
According to the police, Ritesh, the owner of a fledging construction business in central Delhi, was allegedly picked up at gun point by one of his business associates and Chakit on August 25 and they had demanded Rs 30 lakh from him.
Ritesh was taken to a spot near Rithala Metro Station where the money had to be paid.
Chakit along with one another person was nabbed hours after Ritesh was kidnapped. Two of their accomplices are still absconding, the police has said.
"Chakit was helping Ritesh in mediation of some business issues," the FIR said.
Chakit has been booked under various sections of the IPC for kidnapping and also under Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan