ACB to probe `suspicious` land allotment case in Goa
Panaji: The Goa government has referred a "suspicious" land allotment deal by the former Congress-led government to Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB).
This was informed by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar at the State Legislative Assembly here today.
Parrikar told the House that prima facie there was corruption involved in the allotment of land to steel rolling mill M/s Kundil Ispat Limited at Usgao village.
"Government has referred the issue to the ACB to check if any corruption was involved in it," the Chief Minister said.
He was responding to a query by BJP legislator Vishnu Surya Wagh, who had questioned the controversial allotment of land for the company at a "throwaway price" of Rs 1,500 as lease rent and Rs 53,381 as ground rent annually.
Parrikar stated the land was allotted during the year 2008 by the erstwhile Congress-led government, without passing it in the state cabinet.
The agreement was signed by the government on May 27, 2008 with Kundil Ispat Ltd.
"The then Law Department had suggested that the agreement be put before the state cabinet. But it was passed through a circulation," he said, adding that Pratapsingh Rane, who is now the Leader of Opposition in the assembly, was the then Chief Minister.
Parrikar said, "In the next 30 days, the government will take the required decision in the matter. The entire deal seems to be made for each other."
He said the land was acquired by Animal Husbandry department and later handed over to three institutions - Goa Meat Complex Ltd, Kundil Ispat Ltd and Goa State Co-operative Milk Producers` Union Ltd.
The allotment to Kundil Ispat has sparked the controversy as it is a private company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations