Accused in illegal mining case arrested
Panaji: Goa police today arrested one Rajesh Phaldesai, who was absconding for about a month, accused for illegally channelling iron ore from a mine at Collem and exporting it.
Collem police were on the look out for him as he was found to be heading the gang involved in illegal mining.
The accused, whose anticipatory bail petition was dismissed by Bombay High Court`s bench here today, surrendered before Judicial Magistrate First Class at Sanguem, from where he was taken into custody by Collem police.
Inspector Jivba Dalvi said that "Phaldesai was on the run and attempts to nab him had failed earlier. He is an important link to expose the illegal mining trade,".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate