Accused in Pallavi Purkayastha murder case seeks bail
Mumbai: The accused in the lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha murder case on Wednesday filed a bail application in the sessions court, contending that there was no evidence against him.
Sajjad Mughal (22), a native of Jammu and Kashmir who was employed as a security guard at `Himalayan Heights` in suburban Wadala, killed Pallavi inside her flat on August 9 last year after she resisted his advances, according to the police.
"We have filed a bail application as there is no evidence against him," said his lawyer Wahab Khan.
The court, on February 4, dropped the charge of attempt to rape against Moghul.
The court today asked the prosecution to file a reply to his bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand