Accused in Pallavi Purkayastha murder case seeks bail
Mumbai: The accused in the lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha murder case on Wednesday filed a bail application in the sessions court, contending that there was no evidence against him.
Sajjad Mughal (22), a native of Jammu and Kashmir who was employed as a security guard at `Himalayan Heights` in suburban Wadala, killed Pallavi inside her flat on August 9 last year after she resisted his advances, according to the police.
"We have filed a bail application as there is no evidence against him," said his lawyer Wahab Khan.
The court, on February 4, dropped the charge of attempt to rape against Moghul.
The court today asked the prosecution to file a reply to his bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview